Welcome Medline employees!
You Belong Where Banking is Better.
At BCU, you’ll find lower rates, fewer fees (and no fees when possible), greater rewards and more innovative products and services than other financial institutions.
Plus, as a community member, you and your family members are all eligible to join. Ready to sign up? Get started using the Join Today button below.
Become a member and get $25 1
Enter promo code “MED25” on your New Membership Application
Join at your local branch or click “Join Today” below
PowerPlus™ Checking Account
Earn 4.00% APY on balances up to $15,0002A
Unlimited monthly ATM fee refunds
No minimum balance requirements or monthly maintenance fees
Receive your payroll funds up to two days sooner with Enhanced Direct Deposit2B
$200 cash bonus on auto purchase or refinance6
Earn $1,989 in cash rewards5 with HomeAdvantage®
Easy application process
0.125% off BCU published mortgage rates5B
Special: 11-Month CD
Earn 2.25% when you open with a minimum balance of $500
This offer is exclusive to new and existing Medline Credit Union members and family members!**
A dedicated expert is here to help you get started.
This offer is not available online, call or visit your local branch for assistance!
Call line is available between 8AM - 6PM CT.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a Credit Union?
A credit union is a not-for-profit, cooperative financial institution owned by its members. Credit unions offer the same services as banks, but the profit cycles back to members instead of stockholders. As a result, members benefit from higher earnings on deposit accounts, lower rates on loan products that typically have lower to no fees—bringing savings to the entire membership.
Who can join?
US and Puerto Rico employees, contractors, temps of partner companies and their extended families nationwide are eligible for credit union membership. See if you qualify based on one or more of the following criteria:
Employment-based eligibility: You are a permanent, temporary or contract employee of one of the several elite employer groups offering the Credit Union’s services as a valuable employee benefit.
Community-based eligibility: You live or work in one of six local community charter counties: Lake, McHenry, DuPage, Kane or Cook (north of 95th Street on the south side of Chicago) County in Illinois, or Kenosha County in Wisconsin.
Family-based eligibility: You are the immediate or extended qualifying family of an existing member related by blood, marriage, fostering or adoption. Eligible family members include: spouses, parents, children, siblings, domestic partners, grandchildren, grandparents, aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews, and cousins.
What if I open an account and then move or leave my company?
Once a member, always a member! Benefits of Credit Union membership will always be available to you and your family, no matter where life takes you. Relocating to a new area? No problem! Changing jobs? The Credit Union goes with you. Retiring? We're Here Today For Your Tomorrow. Our commitment to your financial well-being is truly a lifelong promise. We’re accessible 24 hours a day in all 50 states and abroad using our digital banking services and have many members who never set foot in a branch.
What benefits come with Credit Union membership?
Our members are the reason we exist and is why we help our members maximize their benefits with products and services like:
- Access to your payroll funds up to a day early with Enhanced Direct Deposit™
- High-interest Checking with ATM fee reimbursement
- Low rate loans for homes, vehicles, college tuition and more
- Easy access to your free online credit score with SavvyMoney®
- Complimentary financial education resources provided by Life. Money. You.®
Will my employer have access to my financial standing or account details?
No. Although we share a common interest in each employee’s Financial Well-being, your company and BCU are separate business entities. Furthermore, as your financial institution, BCU protects your private financial data and complies with stringent security standards.
What if I have limited access to a branch location?
At the Credit Union, we're always looking to make it easier for you to Connect Your Way, so you can bank when and where you want through Digital Banking. Plus, once you’re a member, you’ll have access to thousands of surcharge-free ATMs and Shared Branches nationwide.
How do I join the Credit Union?
The easiest way is online and completing the 10-minute online membership application. Be assured that this process is safe and secure. You can also contact us if you have any problems in the process.
What is a Certificate of Deposit (CD)?
A Certificate of Deposit (CD) is a savings account that holds a fixed amount of money for a fixed period of time, such as six months, one year, or five years, and in exchange, the issuing institution pays interest. When you cash in or redeem your CD, you receive the money you originally invested plus any interest.
Offer available to legal U.S. residents 18 years of age or older. Non-members, receive a $25 deposit for opening a new Credit Union membership. To qualify for the offer, new members must enter the promo code noted above in the ‘Account Setup; Promo Code’ section of the membership application. A person seeking Credit Union membership must also meet at least one of the criteria found at BCU.org/Membership-Eligibility. New members will receive the $25 as a deposit into their Share-01 Savings account within 30 days of account open date. Existing members are not eligible for the offer. No substitutions for deposit allowed. Offer limited to one (1) deposit per person. Membership must be in good standing to receive offer. If code is forgotten, member must reach out within 40 days of account open date to receive offer. Void where prohibited. BCU’s decisions are final and binding on all matters relating to this offer. BCU, at its sole discretion, may terminate, in whole or part, and or modify, amend, or suspend this promotion in any way, at any time, for any reason without prior notice. Participants agree to release, discharge or hold harmless the sponsor, its respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and others engage in the development and creation of this offer from any liability, claims, losses, and damages arising out of or relating to their participation in this offer or the acceptance, use, misuse, or possession of any prize received in this offer. BCU employees and immediate family members are not eligible to participate in this offer. Sponsored by BCU, 340 N Milwaukee Ave, Vernon Hills, IL 60061.
2A. To earn monthly dividends and unlimited reimbursements of other banks’ ATM surcharge fees, your account must meet these two monthly requirements: Monthly direct deposits totaling at least $500 into your PowerPlus™ Checking account and completion of at least fifteen (15) transactions that include any combination of the following: BCU Debit Card PIN, Debit Card signature, credit card purchases, Online Bill Pay or ACH payments, which apply toward the monthly requirements in the month they post to your account. Credit card transactions that post on the last day of the month will be applied toward the following month’s transaction total. Accounts not meeting all monthly requirements will not earn dividends and will not receive reimbursements of other banks’ ATM surcharge fees. Rates accurate as of 2/1/2023. The dividend rate and annual percentage yield (APY) may change at any time. Balances up to $15,000 will earn the stated higher rate and the portion of the balance over $15,000 will earn the stated lower rate. See rate sheet or website for current rates. There is no minimum balance required to earn dividends. Dividends are paid monthly and calculated based on the average daily balance method. PowerPlus™ Checking is available as a personal account only and is limited to one account per member. If you do not have sufficient available funds in your checking account to clear a presented item, funds may automatically transfer from your savings or money market share and may count towards withdrawal limitations for that savings or money market share (Electronic funds transfers from savings and money market shares, which include overdraft transfers are limited to six per month. Each electronic funds transfer in excess of six per month is subject to a $3 excessive withdrawal fee. See Service Charges and Fees Schedule in Consumer Member Service Agreement for further details. PowerPlus™ Checking is a trademark of BCU.
2B. Enhanced Direct Deposit allows you to receive payroll and other electronic deposits up to two days ahead of your scheduled payday. It’s important to note, funds are not AVAILABLE for you to spend until they are reflected in the AVAILABLE BALANCE. Please be sure to confirm available funds in your account before withdrawing against this deposit. While BCU will try wherever possible to advance payroll direct deposits by up to 2 days, availability of funds ahead of the original scheduled pay date is not guaranteed. You should not rely on Enhanced Direct Deposit to satisfy the needs of scheduled bill or loan payments, or any other date-sensitive financial obligations.
3. APR is Annual Percentage Rate. Published rates are accurate as of 3/1/2023, and subject to change. Offer subject to credit approval. Rate applies to 2022 and newer vehicles with a loan term of up to 75 months (based on credit worthiness), up to 100% LTV (loan to value). Call for rates on older model vehicles. Loan amount will be determined by income and other factors. The rate listed includes an additional 0.75% APR discount for buying through our Auto Buying Service. To receive this discount, an auto loan must be booked through BCU, and auto purchase must be made at a certified dealer through BCU’s Auto Buying Service purchasing process. The rate listed also assumes an automatic payment method and includes a 0.50% discount for having two of the following relationships: direct deposit of at least $500 per month or more into your credit union checking account; at least $25,000 on deposit with the credit union; or a loan in good standing. Qualifying loans include mortgage, home equity, auto, and credit card. A qualifying loan must have a current balance and credit cards must have a transaction within the past 30 days. Any Credit Union loan that is not in good standing or delinquent will disqualify you for Rewards Rates. Individual rates may vary based on credit score and other factors. An example of payment terms are as follows: an amount financed of $25,000 with an APR of 5.14% and a term of 75 months would have a monthly payment of $392.15.
4. A credit report is required to complete your application. By submitting an application, you are voluntarily agreeing to a credit report inquiry. If you opt out of having your credit report pulled, your application will be withdrawn and your request for credit will not be reviewed.
5. Average cash rewards calculated based on 495 home closings with a real estate agent in the HomeAdvantage® network of approved agents between 1/1/2021 and 12/31/2021. HomeAdvantage® program is made available to you through a relationship between BCU and HomeAdvantage®. Program Cash Rewards are awarded by HomeAdvantage® to buyers and sellers who select and use a real estate agent in the HomeAdvantage® network. Home buyers or sellers are not eligible for Cash Rewards if they use an agent outside this network. Using BCU for a mortgage is not a requirement to earn Cash Rewards. Cash Rewards amounts are dependent on the commissions paid to the agent. HomeAdvantage® may have specific rules on how your Cash Rewards will be paid out. Cash Rewards incentives are available in most states; however, are void where prohibited by law or by the lender. Please consult with your credit union to get details that may affect you. States and/or major metropolitan areas included in the HomeAdvantage program include: Major metropolitan areas located within 49 states, excluding SD. New cities, states and real estate agents continuously join the program. If you do not see the area you’re interested in, contact HomeAdvantage® at 800-203-9014. Terms and disbursement of cash rewards vary by state. HomeAdvantage® is a registered trademark of HomeAdvantage®.
**Offer available to new Credit Union members, existing Credit Union members and their family members, who fund the certificate with new money. This offer is limited to new money that has not previously on deposit with BCU in the past 90 days. The minimum balance required to open a Certificate Account and obtain the above promotional annual percentage yield (APY) is $500. The APY is based on the assumption that dividends will remain in the account until maturity. A penalty may be imposed for early withdrawal. Penalty may reduce earnings. Rates, terms and conditions are subject credit approval and may change at any time without notice.