Lou and BCU, your home savings partners.
Lou Manfredini is a respected television/radio personality and home improvement expert. The Chicago-area native is the host of House Smarts TV, Chicago's WGN (AM) Radio's Mr. Fix-It program and is a contributor on NBC's Today Show. Lou has partnered with Target Credit Union to bring you special home improvement and home savings tips and tricks.
Home Buying Help with Lou Manfredini
Advice from Lou Manfredini on buying a home.
Check back for more money smart house tips from Lou or visit his HouseSmarts website.
Visit the Resources and Product tabs for more information.
Financial Management Tools
- Frequently Asked Questions About the Mortgage Process
- Getting Started with the Mortgage Process
- Homebuyer Do's And Don'ts
- Mortgage Term Glossary
- Types of Mortgages
- Simple DIY Renovations to add Value to Your Home
- Who’s Who in Your Mortgage Process?
Calculators and Interactive Tools
- How Can I Reduce Mortgage Insurance Costs?
- How Much Should I Put Down for a New Home?
- How Much Should I Set Aside for Emergencies?
- Should I Use a Home Equity Loan Instead of an Auto Loan?
- What Home Can I Afford?
- What Will It Take to Save for a Vehicle, Home, etc.?
- Which is Better: 15- or 30- Year Loan Term?
Buying a Home
In the market to purchase? We're here to help you throughout the process.Learn More
Putting Your Home's Equity to Use
A home equity loan or line of credit can open new doors.Learn More
Find a home, a real estate agent and big savings.Learn More
Refinancing Your Home
Lock down the best deal and free up your money.Learn More