Congrats to our 2018 Scholarship Winners!
The Future is Bright
Since 2014, the Credit Union has provided more than $130,000 in scholarships to our college-bound high school seniors. This year, we’re proud to have awarded more than $37,000 in scholarships to 22 exceptional students. Among our 2018 recipients were the winners of two honorary awards – a one-time Chip Filson Award presented to the most outstanding overall candidate; and the Samuel G. O’Kelly Memorial Scholarship, recognizing outstanding commitment to community service and honoring a lifetime of service generously shared by BCU co-founder, Sam O’Kelly.
Learn about our 2018 winners
Are you the perfect candidate?
Student must be:
- A Credit Union member in good standing (not parent’s account)
- A high school senior
- Planning to attend an accredited 2+ year college or university for the _____ academic year
Not yet a member? It's easy! Join today.
- Complete the application
- Submit a short essay describing your personal finance goals and how you will approach future financial decisions
- Selection criteria includes academics, participation in school/community activities, and demonstration of core values
- Applications will be accepted from April 2 - May 17, 2018.
- Recipients will be notified in June/July 2018.
Scholarships aren't the only way BCU is committed to helping our members pursue educational opportunities. A student loan from the Credit Union can fill in gaps not covered by other forms of financial assistance. With low rates, flexible repayment terms, and no origination fee or pre-payment penalties, private student loans are one more example of how Here Today For Your Tomorrow.
Check back soon for more information about our 2019 Scholarship Program!